Thursday, April 20, 2006

reception decorations: Folded Napkins


I have been cutting things out of magazines & saving them for as long as I can remember... I save ideas for projects I'd like to try, or maybe just a pretty color combination or pattern that inspires me. Just because I cut them out, don't assume I have an organized way of keeping track of them or referencing them... that would be way too convenient! While digging through my pile the other day, I came across this article that I thought you would like...

I admit it, I am a total sucker for napkin folds. Yes, a wierd thing to love, but I never tried to pretend I was normal... It's just that, since they'll be on the table anyway, anyone who takes a little extra effort to make the napkin just a little more special & festive gets a gold star in my book.

The top picture is too cute... and what a great way to add some cheaper, DIY flowers to the room. And I know lots of brides like to place menus into napkin 'pockets', so these easy instructions should help (just put your menu where the cutlery is in the pic).

Instructions for the folds follow:

flower tuck:
  1. Fold the napkin in thirds, and position the open edge at the top
  2. Turn napkin over
  3. Fold one end in halfway to napkin's middle; repeat with other end
  4. Fold both ends in again so they meet in the middle.
  5. Trim the stem of a gerbera daisy (or other resilient flower, such as an orchid) and slip bloom into gap in the center


cutlery (aka menu) pocket
  1. Fold napkin in thirds, and position with open edge at top
  2. Fold top layer down about 1.5"
  3. Turn napkin over
  4. Fold ends to meet in the middle
  5. Fold napkin in half so ends are inside
  6. Slip flatware in picket; tuck placecard under cuff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home